eCommerce Platforms for Business
There was a time when the idea of selling goods and services without a physical store seemed impossible. If customers are interested in purchasing your product, they should drive to you to find what they are looking for.
Today, you can find everything you need on the Internet with just a few keystrokes. The e-commerce platform makes it easy to order goods, movies, and even food from your laptop or mobile device.
E-commerce platforms make life easier for customers as well as make it easier to start a new business. And if you’re looking to start an online store in 2021, there are tons of options to choose from.
While drop shipping sounds easy because of the amount of content available on the internet, it’s not as easy as many tell you. There are many technical hurdles associated with the dropshipping business, and if you don’t get them right first, your chances of success down this path are slim.
This may seem like I’m preventing you from going down this path, but in all honesty, I’m only reporting what lies ahead of you, i.e what obstacles you must overcome and how you can prepare for them. The best e-commerce platform for your drop shipping business.
Both E-commerce and drop shippers use the same types of e-commerce platforms as business is inherently synonymous, but there are subtle differences that drop shippers should know about before starting their business, such as the one in particular Support that the stores provide.
What to seem for in an E-Commerce Platform?
If you’re consideration your choices on that e-commerce platform to choose, you’re in all probability already conversant in sites like eBay and Amazon. however reckoning on the sort of store, you intend to open; there could also be different platforms that are far better suitable for your business.
Here are a number of the most options you must search for once reviewing e-commerce platforms.
It Depends on the size of your business, e-commerce costs can range from free to thousands of dollars. However, on most sites, you can try them for free without entering your credit card details.
When taking these free trials, think about all the features available, and don’t forget about things like storage, extensions, and other add-ons.
You won’t get customers if people can’t find your store at all. Hence, your chosen e-commerce platform should have SEO tools built-in.
The ability to personalize URLs with your name and your products will help drive search engine optimization, making it easier to find your store. Some platforms offer improved SEO tools in their plans.
Simply because your online store starts tiny doesn’t mean it’ll keep there. That’s why you wish for an e-commerce platform that will grow together with your business.
And even within the beginning, you’ll like over simply a basic e-commerce solution. realize a platform that won’t keep you stuck in a very set up that isn’t right for your business.
That’s why any platform you choose should be mobile responsive. the bulk of your sales will return from mobile devices, thus if your online store isn’t mobile-friendly, you’ll miss out on potential revenue.
If you sell physical products, then you’re likely to incorporate many photos ANd even videos on your storefront. meaning you’ll like an e-commerce platform that’s quick and reliable. If customers have to be compelled to assist pictures and videos to load, then you’re planning to lose out on sales.
Software system integration
You wish to be able to integrate your online store with different third-party applications. And you should be able to add on these tools and applications notwithstanding you don’t savvy to code. Fortunately, several platforms build this easy, permitting you to drop “buy buttons” into social media channels like Pinterest.
7 Best Dropshipping Platforms List
Let’s dive into the details to find the best e-commerce platform for startups looking to start a dropshipping business. The following comparison focuses on ease of use, user support, and pricing on each platform.
WooCommerce is the most widely used e-commerce platform in the world. The market share of brick-and-mortar e-commerce stores is nearly 30% and its main commendable feature is that it is a free plugin that is easy to install. you can install it with one click, making it an ideal platform even for non-technical users.
• User Friendliness: WooCommerce comes with an easy user interface that any entrant will understand. it’s engineered on WordPress, a favorite platform among bloggers, that permits users to feature multiple add-ons for free. Users can simply install WooCommerce on WordPress and launch their business with simply some clicks.
• Support:WooCommerce incorporates a widespread community of designers and developers, who are actively operating to market this platform. Users can easily realize a large amount of fabric on installation and support of this platform on the internet.
• Price:WooCommerce is totally absolved to use. it’s a plugin of WordPress and users who have WordPress put in can simply install it as a plugin while not paying anything.
• Websites Hosted on It: Because it hosts several stores online, you’ll easily realize many noted e-commerce websites mistreat it as an e-commerce platform. a number of them are Singer, Weber Grills, Ripley’s Believe it or not, and everyone Black.
Magento is the second most popular e-commerce platform in the world. This is a powerful yet complex method and may not be suitable for beginners. Magento is a developer-friendly e-commerce platform that requires at least basic coding skills. Most drop shippers use Magento for their e-commerce business. the platform knows about developing a Magento store or has hired developers for this.
• Ease of Use: Magento is an advanced e-commerce platform with a user-friendly design. Anyone looking to start a retail shipping businesses can use it to create an e-commerce store, but they will need help troubleshooting or updating Magento, so I would not recommend it for beginners.
• Support: Magento is a widely used platform. It has an official forum where Magento representatives, developers, and designers are ready to help newbies. In addition, it has many external channels such as a Youtube channel, a blog, and a forum where users can get help if they run into obstacles in expanding their dropshipping store. Magento also provides many dropshipping plugins.
• Price: Magento is a completely free e-commerce platform and anyone can get started with a little help.
• Websites Hosted on: Magento contains thousands of major e-commerce websites. Retailers and manufacturers such as Selco BW, Dufry, and JCB use it to run their businesses.
One in every of the foremost powerful e-commerce platforms for dropshipping is without doubt Shopify. It claims to host around 500,000 e-commerce stores and dropshipping websites. In 2016, Shopify formally no inheritable Oberlo, a dropshipping plugin that produces product import and order fulfillment an effortless process. it’s one of the most used e-commerce platforms by users who are technically unsavvy.
Shopify is that the second most well-liked platform, with 18% of the market share. It’s a hosted platform, however. If you wish for a self-hosted platform, think about these Shopify alternatives.
• Support:Shopify offers 24/7 email, phone, and chat support. It also has its own official forum wherever users will elicit help. However, as Shopify is proprietary, you won’t realize a lot of assistance on community forums relating to custom development.
• Price:Shopify could be a paid e-commerce platform. it’s 3 plans starting from $29 to $299. Enterprises, fascinated by obtaining premium services, can opt for Advanced Shopify.
• Websites Hosted on It: Shopify hosts most of the highest dropshipping stores. It hosts websites like Negative Underwear, UgMonk, Flat Spot, and Pipcorn.
BigCommerce could be a hosted e-commerce platform. it’s a good share of the e-commerce platform market and claims to host over 150,000 websites, each massive and small. it’s notable for its simple computer program and fast e-commerce setup process. As a hosted e-commerce platform, compared with Shopify, BigCommerce is more cost-effective as a result of it doesn’t charge any group action fee, and offers unlimited employees accounts, except for alternative distinguished features.
• User Friendliness: BigCommerce is straightforward to use. you’ll discover your trial account and find started with it easily. Most of the BigCommerce themes are free and you’ll simply customize the layout as per your requirement.
• Support:BigCommerce offers constant support as Shopify together with email, chat, phone, and forum.
• Price:BigCommerce offers 3 basic packages starting from $29 to $250. It additionally offers an enterprise version, the worth of it’s unrevealed and you may get the decision the BigCommerce team to urge it.
• Websites Hosted on It: BigCommerce hosts e-commerce stores of multiple top-notch corporations including Toyota, Marucci Sports, and 9 Line Apparel.
OpenCart is a free e-commerce platform that is easy to set up. Anyone who is a bit tech-savvy can easily set up their OpenCart shop. The platform offers several free and paid plugins and themes for dropshipping.
• Ease of Use: Since OpenCart is designed for e-commerce, it offers analytics, payments, and order volumes in the administrator panel. The point-and-click interface makes it an inviting platform even for non-tech-savvy users.
• Support: OpenCart offers ticket and email support to its users. It also hosts a forum where Opencart users can get answers about the problems, they face while setting up their businesses.
• Price: OpenCart is completely free to use. You just have to pay to host it.
• Websites hosted on it – Many popular e-commerce stores use OpenCart as their e-commerce platform. Including the British Red Cross, For Fans by Fans and 6 dollar shirts.
6. Wix — Best Ecommerce Platform for Startups
Most people know Wix as a free website builder, but it also offers e-commerce plans for aspiring entrepreneurs. Plans start at just $ 17 per month, and if you pay annually, you get a free domain and $ 300 promotional coupons.
The most expensive plan that Wix offers is $ 25 a month and includes the following features:
- Phone support
- Priority service
- Ticket support
- Website UI checking and SEO
7. Squarespace — Best Mobile Ecommerce Platform
All of the e-commerce platforms on this list are fairly mobile-friendly, but Squarespace takes extra care to ensure that the user experience on a mobile device is great.
Each template design provides a unique mobile experience that fits the overall style of the store. This function is automatically integrated but can be deactivated in the Website Manager.
Images can often take a long time to load, but Squarespace uses a Responsive Image Uploader that generates multiple scaled versions of each uploaded photo.
The site can detect the type of device used and upload the appropriate image for optimal viewing. It even works for Apple devices with Retina displays.
And responsiveness isn’t limited to pictures. The overall layout, diagrams, and graphics of the website are optimized for mobile devices. Even emails are optimized so that marketing campaigns are easy to read on smartphones and tablets.