Ashtanga yoga is helpful in weight loss. We talked to Yoga Expert Bholi Parihar of Innocence Yoga about how this yoga is helpful in weight loss. Bholi said that as its name suggests eight limbs. It talks about eight limbs in which Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana-Samadhi are its eight parts. Each part of it has its own meaning. Today we will talk about the third part of Ashtanga Yoga i.e. Asanas. All the asanas are prescribed in Ashtanga Yoga. Which are done with the regulation of physical, mental and breath.
If you are willing to learn different types of yoga along with keeping your body healthy, you can learn 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
How Ashtanga Yoga is helpful in weight loss?
Responding to this question, expert Bholi Parihar said that in Ashtanga yoga, there is no one or two asanas but a long sequence of asanas which is done continuously. Due to which all the muscles of our body get warm. Those muscles get a good stretch. The body sweats. Along with this, it also strengthens the bones of our body. Ashtanga yoga begins with Surya Namaskar A and Surya Namaskar B. And in this asanas are done continuously without stopping. Due to which your body loses unwanted fat very fast. It keeps you physically and mentally healthy. Because in this, not only asanas, but different types of postures and breathing techniques are used with asanas.
Ashtanga yoga asanas for weight loss
The following asanas of Ashtanga yoga will be useful for you in reducing weight-
Chakrasana is one of the very popular asanas. By doing Chakrasana, all the muscles of our body become active. Also, getting a good stretch makes us sweat. The fat of our arms, chest and stomach is reduced. Women or men who want to bring their chest size in the right shape, then they can practice Chakrasana. This asana makes the belly fat disappear. When we do Chakrasana, it gives a very deep stretch to our stomach, due to which the belly fat is reduced. At the same time it gives a good shape to our hips. This asana helps in the tightening of loose skin.
Method of doing Chakrasana:
- Lie on your mat on your back.
- Take both your hands next to your ears.
- The fingers will be towards the shoulders. And put the palm on the ground.
- The elbows should not be turned outward or inward. Head towards the sky.
- Bend both your knees and bring them near your hips. After that prepare your mind and body for doing Chakrasana.
- It is very important to do this, if you do not do this then your body may also get a shock. So do it carefully.
- While inhaling, make a gap between your arms and legs equal to the shoulders. And while inhaling, lift your body in the air, taking the support of your shoulders, palms and elbows and taking the support of the soles. Your palms and soles will remain on the ground.
- You can also do Chakrasana by bending both the legs and you can also do it by straightening.
- Stop according to your ability and come down.
- For some time, bend both the knees and put them on your chest. So that if you have any joint on your waist, then it will get cured.
- After that, take a rest.
By doing Naukasana, our abdominal muscles automatically become active. Simultaneously, the muscles of our hips also become active. If you are troubled by belly fat, then do Naukasana. It is extremely beneficial in reducing your belly fat. Simultaneously it tightens the abdominal muscles.
Method of boating:
- Spread both the legs in front and sit with the waist, neck straight. Sit down with both your hands next to the buttocks.
- With the help of the palms, tilt your body slightly backwards. And bend both your knees and lift them up. Hold there for 20-30 seconds.
- If you feel comfortable, then lift both your hands one by one and place them next to both your knees. And while pointing the palms towards the sky, join your forefinger and thumb together.
- If you want to reduce your belly fat as soon as possible, then increase the frequency of this asana.
- Come back slowly and rest for a while.
A Yoga Teacher Training India is a great way to gain in-depth knowledge about different yoga asanas & meditation techniques.
Paschimottanasana (Forward fold)
Paschimottanasana gives good stretch to our legs. At the same time, our back muscles also have a good stretch. And there is also pressure on our stomach. If you do Paschimottanasana, along with stretching, it reduces the weight by activating all the muscles from your waist to the seeds of your knees. It only increases our flexibility. At the same time, it also gives a good shape to our buttocks.
Method of doing Paschimottanasana
- Open both your legs in front. And pull the claws towards you.
- While straightening the waist a little, roll the shoulders back slightly. Staying in this position for a few seconds, lift both your hands from side to side and pull them towards the sky.
- Turn your palms towards your toes. While inhaling slowly, inflating your hands and chest, while exhaling slowly, bend forward from your waist part.
- Grab your toe with your index and middle finger.
- Touch the ground by rotating your elbows inward. And slowly keep your chin on the feet ahead of your knees.
- If you cannot do this much, then while holding your knees with both your hands, bend as long as your waist is straight.
- Hold this posture for 15-20 seconds and come back the way you went.
- Place both your hands beside your buttocks and raise your hips towards the sky. Then come back slowly.
- Take a rest for some time.
Various asanas of Ashtanga yoga are helpful in weight loss. They can also be practiced carefully at home.